In 1960, Hamburger Flugzeugbau GmbH started the development of the
HFB-320. In the development of the Hansa they co-operated with
several other companies, the Dutch Fokker concern being responsible for
the typical forward-swept wing and the Spanish CASA concern for the rear
fuselage and tail. The first pre-production HFB-320 prototype D-CHFB made its
first flight on 21 April 1964. In the second part of 1968, after three
HFB-320 were ordered for the RLS, the Hansajet became well known at
Groningen-Eelde. HFB directed a number of brand-new HFB-320 Hansa jets
to Groningen Airport Eelde in the Netherlands for test flying and training.
Hamburger Flugzeugbau HFB-320 Hansa s/n 1045 was flown first as D-CIRU on 20 December 1969.
On 20 March 1970, Modern Air Transport ordered a HFB-320QC for their operations out of Berlin-Tegel. Hamburger
Flugzeugbau HFB-320 Hansa s/n 1045 became the airframe destined for Modern Air Transport and was re-registered N5602.
From 25 March until 4 April 1970, Hansa Jet N5602 stayed at Eelde for test flying and crew-training. On 4 April 1970,
the N5602 was delivered to Modern Air Transport at Berlin-Tegel. In 1971, the N5602 was transferred to American Hansa Jet Corp. and was
reregistered N894HJ in June 1971. In January 1972, the aircrafty was reregistered N4ZA and entered service with Zantop Aviation Inc..
In March 1974, the business jet was re-registered N7ES and operated with Deer Hunt Holding Inc. In 1988, after the aircraft was used with a
number of operators, the HFB-320 Hansa N7ES was withdrawn from use at Fort Lauderdale Executive in Florida, USA.
In 1996, the N7ES was finally broken-up at Opa Locka near Miami in Florida. The spares were used for the Hansa Jet of Pelican Express.