The De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver is a single-engine high-wing light utility transport aircraft
for up to seven passengers. The prototype of the DHC-2 Beaver, the CF-FBH-X, was flown first on
16 August 1947. Canadian type certification was received in March 1948. The first four production
models, the DHC-2 Beaver Mk.1, were delivered to the Ontario Department of Lands and Forests in April 1948.
Production did not cease until 1967 and a total of 1,657 aircraft were built.
On 14 September 1989, the 1958-built De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver 3
c/n 1244 was photographed at Groningen Airport Eelde in
the Netherlands. The Beaver was operated at that time as PH-VTH by the TU-Delft. The aircraft
was registered PH-VTH with the Technische Hogeschool Delft on 21 August 1958.
The PH-VTH was operated out
of Rotterdam-Zestienhoven as a research aircraft. When the aircraft was photographed it wear, next to the regular
TU-Delft titles: "Experimental automatic digital autopilot" titles. In 1993, the Beaver was sold
and registered on 22 December 1993 as PH-VTH with the "Stichting Historische Vliegtuigen Zeeland",
based at the airfield Midden-Zeeland near Middelburg. In 1997, the aircraft was sold in the USA and registered
N243A on 5 August 1997. The Beaver N243A is based at Flagstaff in Arizona, USA, since.