The Piper PA-18-95 Super Cub is a two-seat high-wing light utility aircraft.
The Piper PA-18 Super Cub flew for the first time in 1949, and the FAA Type certification was
awarded on 18 November 1949. The first production Super Cubs were delivered in 1949. Over
10.000 Super Cubs were built, including about 8,500 civilian Super Cubs and more than 1,800
delivered to the U.S. and several foreign military services as L-18Cs and L-21s for liaison;
training; transport and target tugs work. Most of the Super Cubs were built until 1981 when
production originally ceased. Super Cub production resumed by WTA
between 1982 and 1988 totalled 250. Between 1988 and 1994 Piper Aircraft
built another 102.
The 1953-built Piper PA-18-95 s/n 18-1511 (frame-nr. 18-3080) USAF serial 51-15511
entered service with the French Army (ALAT - Aviation Légère de l’Armée de Terre) as 181628.
On 14 January 1970, after being retired from military services, the
aircraft was registered in OO-SPK in Belgium with Aero Para Club Spa,
Spa. In April 1972, Super Cub OO-SPK was registered with Aéroclub des Hautes Fagnes, Elsenborn. On 7 December 1977, the
OO-SPK was re-registered OO-HBS and based at that time at Butzweilerhof in Germany. Registration OO-HBS was cancelled on 27 January 2003
In January 2003, the Antwerpen based Super Cub was registered D-EATY with J.Hulzebos and G.Neef. The
aircraft departed Antwerpen on its way to Hoogeveen on 4 January 2003. Piper L-18C Super Cub D-EATY is part of the DNW-fleet.
On 6 May 2005, the D-EATY was photographed at its homebase Hoogeveen airfield in the Netherlands.