Designed originally for agricultural duties under the designation SKh-1, the An-2 utility transport
flew for the first time on 31 August 1947. Of robust construction and suitable for operations from
short, semi-prepared strips, the Antonov An-2 has been manufactured for both military and civil roles.
The An-2 remained in production until 1991. Over 18.000 of the different types were built in the
Ukraine (5000), Poland (12000) and China (1000).
The 1958-built Antonov An-2T D-FJKA is one of the last of the type built in the former Soviet Union.
The An2T (Transportnyi) c/n 193(473)18 was built by Antonov in Kiev and entered service as 839 with
the NVA/LSK (East German Air Force) in April 1958. The aircraft is powered by a Shvetsov ASz-62 IR engine.
The bi-plane was re-registered DDR-WJP with FC Strausberg on 1 Oktober 1990.
The "Anna" was operated by Fliegerschule Strausberg. As of 3 October
1990, the East German DDR-prefix was no longer valid, and all active
DDR- registered aircraft had to be reregistered, the DDR-WJP aircraft
was re-registered D-FJKA on 5 December 1990.As before Antonov An-2T
D-FJKA was operated by Fliegerschule Strausberg. In March 1992, the An2T
was transferred to Hanseflug in Hannover. Antonov An-2T D-FJKA was one
two Antonov An-2 aeroplanes that visited Oostwold-Oldambt airfield in
the Netherlands during the Oostwold Airshow 2009.