The Bell 47J Ranger is a four-seat light utility helicopter powered by a single Lycoming engine.
The prototype of the Bell 47 was flown first on 8 December 1945. Production deliveries of
the Bell Model 47 helicopter began in 1946. The helicopter was delivered to civil and military operators.
The Bell 47 design developed over the years. In 1956, the Model 47J-1 with a 4-seat cabin and a
monocoque tail boom was introduced. The Bell 47-J-2 Ranger with hydraulic power controls, fixed elevator,
and metal rotor entered production in 1960. The sub-variant Model 47J-3B-1 was a high-altitude version powered
by a 270hp Turbocharged Lycoming VO-540-B1B3 engine and equipped with an exhaust-driven supercharger.
This model was produced by Agusta in Italy as the Agusta-Bell 47J-3B-1 Super Ranger. Agusta built 123
Model 47J-2/J-3 helicopters before production of the J-series ended in 1966.
On 20 August 1968, Agusta-Bell 47J-3B-1 Super Ranger was photographed at Innsbruck Airport Kranebitten
in Austria. The OE-BXG (ex. OE-AXE ntu) was one of a number of the type operated by the Bundesministerium für Inneres
in the period 1965 till 1973. The OE-BXG was re-registered OE-DXI.