The Bell 47G is a three-seat light utility helicopter powered by a
single Lycoming six-cylinder air-cooled piston engine. The prototype of
the Bell 47 was flown first on 8 December 1945. Production deliveries of
the Bell Model 47 helicopter began in 1946. The helicopter was delivered
to civil and military operators. The Bell 47 design developed over the
years and was in production till 1976. In February 2010, the Bell
47 type certificates were transferred to Scott's Helicopter Services.
Scott's intend to restart production of a turboshaft powered version of
the helicopter, using a Rolls-Royce RR300 engine and with composite
rotor blades, with deliveries planned from 2016. Helicopters
like the Bell 47G were common as cropsprayers. The spraying equipment
was placed when needed.
On 27 July 1989, the 1968-built Bell 47G-4A F-GELN was photographed at Saumur aerodrome in France in line of
spraying helicopters operated by SA JAG. The spraying equipment of the Bell F-GELN was laid down.
Bell 47G-4A F-GELN (ex N1438W) was registered F-GELN in France with SA GyraFrance on 13 April 1987. On
19 September 1990, the F-GELN was registered with SA JAG at Saumur. SA JAG was the registered owner until
28 September 1992. In 2014, the Bell helicopter was still registered as F-GELN.