The Stampe & Vertongen SV-4B is a tandem 2-seat biplane of wood and fabric construction normally fitted with cockpit canopy.
Jean Stampe and Maurice Vertongen founded their company as a flying school at Antwerp-Deurne in 1922. The ‘Constructions Aéronautics
J.Stampe & M.Vertongen’ started production of aircraft based on the design of Alfred Renard in 1923. After Renard left the
company Georges Ivanow replaced him. Georges was asked in 1932 to study a new aircraft, which resulted in the SV4. The prototype
flew first on 13 May 1933 and the aircraft entered production. On 10 May 1940. the factory was bombed by the Luftwaffe and destroyed.
The SV-4 was redesigned and produced by SNCAN in France from 1945 till 1950. In 1947, the partnership with Renard was renewed. Alfred
Renard and Jean Stampe formed the company Stampe & Renard and opened a new factory at Evere near Brussels. During 1948, they built
20 SV.4B aircraft for the Belgian Air Force that were delivered between June 29th 1948 and December 3rd 1948 to the EVS at Goetsenhoven.
This first batch was followed by 45 SV.4C airplanes built 1951 and 1955.
Stampe & Vertongen SV-4C s/n 415 was built in 1946 under licence by SNCAN - Société Nationale de
Constructions Aéronatiques du Nord and flown first as F-BCQY. As F-BQCY, the SV-4C was on 6 June 1948;
31 January 1949 and 27 June 1964 involved in accidents, but repaired each time. On 3 September 1980,
registration F-BCQY was cancelled as exported to Germany and registered D-EFPS. On 30 July 2020,
Stampe & Vertongen SV-4C D-EFPS was seen at it's present home base Flugplatz Nordhorn-Lingen "Klausheide".