The Stampe & Vertongen SV-4C is an open-cockpit 2-seat training biplane of wood and fabric construction.
Jean Stampe and Maurice Vertongen founded their company as a flying school at Antwerp-Deurne
in 1922. The ‘Constructions Aéronautics J.Stampe & M.Vertongen’ started production
of aircraft based on the design of Alfred Renard in 1923. After Renard left the company
Georges Ivanow replaced him. Georges was asked in 1932 to study a new aircraft, which
resulted in the SV4. The prototype flew first on 13 May 1933 and the aircraft entered
production. On 10 May 1940, the factory was bombed by the Luftwaffe and destroyed. The SV-4 was
redesigned and produced by SNCAN in France from 1945 till 1950. In 1947, the partnership with Renard was renewed.