The Bell 47G is a three-seat light utility helicopter powered by a
single Lycoming six-cylinder air-cooled piston engine. The prototype of
the Bell 47 was flown first on 8 December 1945. Production deliveries of
the Bell Model 47 helicopter began in 1946. The helicopter was delivered
to civil and military operators. The Bell 47 design developed over the
years and was in production till 1976. In February 2010, the Bell
47 type certificates were transferred to Scott's Helicopter Services.
Scott's intend to restart production of a turboshaft powered version of
the helicopter, using a Rolls-Royce RR300 engine and with composite
rotor blades, with deliveries planned from 2016. Helicopters
like the Bell 47G were common as cropsprayers. The spraying equipment
was placed when needed. The Bell 47 was produced produced
under license by Agusta in Italy, Kawasaki Heavy Industries in Japan,
and Westland Aircraft in the United Kingdom. Agusta built over 1200
Agusta-Bell 47 helicopters, including the Agusta-Bell 47G.
In April 1970, the 1963-built Agusta-Bell 47G-2A-1 PH-AAG was seen at
Groningen Airport Eelde in the Netherlands, fitted with floats. On 4 November 1963,
Agusta-Bell 47G-2A-1 c/n 1529 was registered PH-AAG in the Netherlands, with Aero Ypenburg NV,
Rotterdam. On 5 August 1966, the helicopters and aircraft, including the Agusta-Bell 47G PH-AAG,
of Aero Ypenburg NV were registered with NV Luchtvaartmaatschappij General Aviation, Luchthaven Rotterdam.
On 26 March 1971, registration PH-AAG was cancelled as exported to Germany and the Agusta-Bell 47G was
registered D-HABT. On 9 June 1971, Agusta-Bell 47G-2A-1 D-HABT was damaged beyond repair in a crash at Münster-Sarsheim in Germany.