The Morane-Saulnier MS.760A Paris IR is a four-seat military high-speed communications aircraft
and advanced trainer. The prototype of the original design, the side-by-side 2-seater MS.755 Fleuret
already flew first on 29 January 1953. Evolved for the French services as a four-seat liaison and communications
aircraft out of the MS.755 Fleuret, the first prototype Fleuret II or MS.760-01 Paris flew on 29 July 1954,
powered by a pair of Turboméca Marboré II turbojets. After the French government ordered 50 aircraft
for the Air Force and Navy on 18 July 1956, the first production M.S.760A Paris flew on 27 February 1958.
Fitted with tip tanks, this type was delivered as the Paris IR to the Armée de l'Air and the Aeronavale.
The MS-760B Paris II with various systems improvements and integral fuel tanks in wing leading edges, flew
first on 12 December 1960. Two Turbomeca Marbore VI turbojet engines power the Paris II. The MS 760C Paris III,
a five-seat development of the M.S.760 with a re-designed fully integral cabin and enlarged wings was
flown first on 28 February 1964. A total of 109 MS.760A Paris I, 10 MS.760B Paris II and 1 MS.760C Paris III
In 1962, the "Staat der Nederlanden" ordered seven Paris II jet trainers for use with the Rijksluchtvaartschool at Groningen Airport Eelde,
the Netherlands. The Morane-Saulnier MS.760B.GFS Paris II was operated by the RLS from September 1962 until 1974 when they were replaced by the Cessna
The 1964-built Morane-Saulnier MS-760B Paris II s/n 106 was testflown as F-BJZU. On 4 June 1964, the aircraft was registered PH-MSW with
the Rijksluchtvaartdienst on behalf of the Rijksluchtvaartschool. On 22 September 1970, the registered ownership changed to Staat der Nederlanden with as
before the Rijksluchtvaartschool as operator. After the airframe was withdrawn from use with the RLS, registration PH-MSW was cancelled on 14 September 1973.
The aircraft was sold in the USA where it was registered N5878 with Paris Jet Inc. on 14 January 1974. Since, the N5879 was registered with a number of owners
in the USA. On 7 August 2013, after the CofA expiered, registration N5878 was cancelled. The airframe ended as a gate guardian at Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, USA.
On 6 September 1972, Morane-Saulnier MS.760B.GFS Paris II was seen in service with the RLS at Groningen Airport Eelde.