Designed originally for agricultural duties under the designation SKh-1, the An-2 utility transport
flew for the first time on 31 August 1947. Of robust construction and suitable for operations from
short, semi-prepared strips, the Antonov An-2 has been manufactured for both military and civil roles.
The An-2 remained in production until 1991. Over 18.000 of the different types were built in the
Ukraine (5000), Poland (12000) and China (1000).
The Antonov An-2T c/n 1G86-42 was built by PZL-Mielec in Poland and registered in the DDR as DM-WJB on 29 March 1968.
Antonov An-2T DM-WJB was operated by the G.S.T. (Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik). All aircraft with the DM-W** prefix
belonged to G.S.T., the Society for Sport and Technology that was a mass organization in East Germany related to the NVA
(Nationale Volksarmee), the Army of the Deutschen Demokratischen Republik (East German Army). On 17 February 1982, the DM-WJB
was re-registered DDR-WJB, as before operated with the GST. On 28 April 1990, after the unification of Germany, the B.T.S.
(Bund Technischer Sportverbände) was founded as the successor of the GST. On 16 April 1991, the bi-plane was re-registered
D-FOJB with BTS, the Association of Technical Sports Organizations. In August 1993, the An2T D-FOJB was seen in service with
LSV Gera. In September 1994, Antonov AN-2T D-FOJB was transferred to the Ostthueringer Fallschirmsportclub, Gera. On 5 June
2006, Antonov An-2T D-FOJB was seen in service with the OFC- Ostthueringer Fallschirmsportclub at Flugplatz Gera-Leumnitz.
At that time the aircraft was beautifully painted with advertising "Einsiedler Brauhaus / Braukunst aus dem Ertsgebirge".